Overview for CMSE 802, Spring 2021¶
Methods in Computational Modeling¶
Standard computational modeling methods and tools. Programming and code-management techniques.
Recommended background: CMSE 801 or equivalent experience.
Class and office hours¶
Class is held Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:30-9:50 at the following zoom link. You must be logged into MSU zoom to attend.
Liz Munch office hours
- Monday and Wednesday, 10-11 (right after class)
- Same zoom link as class
Ali Zare Office hours
- Note: Office hours are shared with CMSE 801
- Mondays at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Thursdays at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Zoom link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/96487234901
- Passcode: 967494
Announcements will be posted to the CMSE courses slack channel.
A schedule for the course, included due dates and file names, is kept up to date here:
- Assignments are posted to the course gitlab repository
- Pre-class assignments are due every Sunday/Tuesday night. To get credit, you must have filled out the google form questions
- In-class assignments are not turned in, but you are graded for participating in that day's class.
- Project checkpoints are due every other Friday. See the course schedule for due dates.
CAPS Virtual Care Kit¶
Resources to support your growth and well-being in a time of uncertainty https://caps.msu.edu/_assets/pdfs/MSU_CAPS_virtual_care_kit.pdf
Learning continuity plan¶
Should you become unable to attend or participate, please get in touch with Liz as soon as possible. See the syllabus for built in drops to accommodate missed assignments.